Notes for Secrets of the Power Serve Video 1:
- Pronation is the key to all power on a serve - period.
- All the things you do prior to contacting the ball are in order take the stored potential energy in your body and release it as kinetice energy when you pronate.
- You want to keep your arm very loose as you do this.
- The lower body isolation drills will help you get the feel of pronation.
- During these drills, we keep our elbow up, eyes up, perform a good toss and pronate upward.
- The 'Statue of Liberty', or 'Stop At The Top' drill will help you improve your toss.